Why are anxiety levels among employees on high rise? It’s not because they loathe the company or even despise their work. Doing more with less has become a way of life. This is what adds up to the anxiety overload. Some anxiety at workplace is normal and desirable, but too much of it becomes a disaster. The 6 top anxieties witnessed by employees at workplace are:
1. Inability to create great impression at work: Many respondents feel that people prefer to stick around people who have a great impression at workplace, either cause of heir looks or intellect levels.
2. Inability to handle complex situations at workplace: It turns out that many employees fear the very thought of getting involved in trivial issues to get it resolved as such events turn into aggressive arguments that later turn into ego wars.
3. Inability to accept negative feedback for performance: Many supervisors are very blunt when it comes to giving performance feedback. The same is the case with their employees.
4. Witnessing competition in your team: Employee feel that they work very hard and should be given their due credit for it. A credit which is completely theirs and not to share.
5. Risk of creating a negative impression at work: Many people at work do not want to innovate their way of work style as they consider it a big risk that might create a negative impression among their peer group that might raise several objections.
6. Afraid to fail: Employees feel that if their experimented ways to achieve their targets fail, they might endure severe consequences and not be appreciated for their efforts. They get worried about how their decision will affect the feelings of other people
So, how do you plan to cope up with these anxieties?
1. Sincerely START APPRECIATING your peers for their every little contribution or any helpful behavior.
2. Recognize your colleagues, even your boss for that matter, for his so called smart actions and clever opinions at work. He would CONFIDE in you more in future conversations.
3. A culture of Social Appreciation creates lots of FRIENDS at work. Coffee becomes a good excuse though as competitive feelings go for a toss!
4. With lots of friends at work, employees are NEVER AFRAID of creating a negative impression at work.
5. And when it comes to delivering your best, you are never afraid to experiment with your efforts because you are not afraid to FAIL.